This is just your average jumbled up tumblr full of things that I find interesting, please do amuse yourself and peruse all you wish. If you're curious about the girl behind the power then the about me bit is at the bottom. And have a fantastic day!
list of female reboot characters who aren’t A) mother of a main character or B) shown in their underwear at least once:
- ………….yeah I got nothin’
ANd a reminder that two of the four women in the Reboot aren’t even named within the script. So for those people who are casual fans have no idea that Winona is Winona or Amanda is Amanda.
Instead they are only known by their relationship to their sons and husbands.
Winona is George Kirk’s Sweetheart and Jim Kirk’s Mother
Amanda is Spock’s Mother, and his Father’s Whore.
Ain’t that swell?
#HOLY SHIT #that last comment #I have seen the movie multiple times and I didn’t even #I didn’t even notice that #I HAD TO GO THE TRANSCRIPT AND CTRL+F TO CHECK BECAUSE I ALMOST DIDN’T BELIEVE IT #they didn’t give AMANDA HER NAME #or Winona but they actually TOOK AMANDA’S NAME AWAY #and then KILLED HER #FUCK #FUCK THE WORLD #and they gave Uhura a first name but it was passed between male characters like an object #accidentally dropped by one and greedily picked up by the other #never given freely #EXCUSE ME I NEED TO GO PUNCH SOMETHING
I feel like there’s some really rageworthy meta potential here about how men’s names are important, but women’s names don’t matter at all (unless, as perceptively pointed out above, that name can be used by male characters to signify possession/etc).
#Think about this: we learn both Jim’s grandfathers’ names in that opening scene#neither of whom are present or ever in the movie at all#but not Jim’s mother’s name#even though she’s right there#in the scene#givin’ birth to the main character#And they couldn’t have had George tag on a ”Winona!” to any part of his dialogue?#like obviously the granfathers’ names were relevant for good reason - of course they were#but they could just have easily have mentioned Winona’s name too y’know? (via greenscrewdriver)
I’m glad Elementary shows the sexism women face. Joan Watson has been insulted, belittled, and underestimated numerous times. And each time she is shown to be a boss, a role model, more than capable at handling anything thrown at her without being portrayed as a bitch. She handles these situations by calling people out on their B.S., and continues on her way. She’s done this with Gregson, Sherlock, Moriarty, and many minor characters.
Lucy Liu is amazing, and I love that Joan Watson does not just brush off or accept these subtle sexist aggressions. She calls people out and is a boss with her words and actions while maintaining professionalism.
So here it is - a small accumulation of items that haven’t worked for me, but may work for you!
A Tk Scents & Dresses Give-Away!
- Three black cotton dresses - one long sleeve with asymetical collar (featured), one long sleeve with diagonal high-low hem and collar bone cutout, one long sleeve with mesh sleeves and upper. All size S/M, All very stretchy, All above-knee. Some have been washed, but none have been worn.
- Two black nylon dresses - One v-neck shift with flouncing waist, One a-line with round neck and petal shoulders. Both size S, both have some stretch, both above-knee. Never washed or worn.
- One cream chiffon high-low button up dress with waist tie. Size S. Never washed or worn.
One grey cotton cardigan with wrapping waist tie. Size S. Washed but not worn.
- Boxed set of three Aroma Boutique fine fragranced candles in Vanilla Jasmine Sandlewood. New.
- Bottle of Lightening perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (fresh - bottled one month ago, unused beyond initial test) and thirteen BPAL Imps (tested): Dorian, Dee, Blood Pearl, Tavern of Hell, Casanova, Desire, Skuld, Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener, Blood Kiss, Hellfire, Cobra Lily, Blood Amber, Maenad.
- One silver-toned claw bracelet.
Rules and stuff:
- This give away is for my followers. (as in, you must be following me if you want to play)
- No give away blogs, inactive blogs, or private blogs.
- Do not remove the text.
- Reblogs all count - no limit.
- You must have your ask box open.
- Free shipping to US and Canada.
- Ends 8pm cali time on March 13th
- Winner will be chosen by random
- If winner does not respond to my “huzzah! you’ve won!” message within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen, whamp whamp.
I was way too busy/tired to take a photo of each clothing item - I’m giving these away not selling them, so please don’t message me asking for detailed photos, thank you.
Only a few more days!
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
yes hello i am here to learn geometries
That crow is more prepared than some of my students.
You’ve all just like, completely skipped over the possibility that this crow has seen people using pens in this room, found one, and is trying to return it. There’s been videos of crows picking up sweet wrappers and stuff and placing them in bins after seeing humans put their litter in bins. I really do believe that this crow is trying to return the pen and that is ADORABLE AS HELL.
THEY ARE SO SMART I LOVE THEM
Crows are thought to be self aware by some scientists. Its perfectly possible the crow wants to return the pen to humans. Knowing it belongs to humans.
Corvids. Who KNOWS. :)
Another cool crow deal: Once, when trying to assess if crows could reason and use tools, scientists had two crows who didn’t know each other each take a wire from a table (one was hooked, one was straight) and try to grab meat from a bottle with it. The crows could see each other, though they had separate bottles. Only the straight wire worked for this, so they hypothesized that if crows could reason, the second trial would have the two crows fighting over the straight wire. The second trial started and, to the surprise of the scientists, the two crows both went for the bent wire, one held it down and the other unbent it. They both got meat out of their bottles. They came to a peaceful solution without verbal communication. Crows are probably smarter than we are.
damn, does this make us the fourth smartest creatures on Earth then?
THIS AIN’T A SCENE, IT’S A
WE’RE GOING DOWN DOWN INANULLIARAN
AND SUGAR WE’RE GOING DOWN SWINGIN’
I’LL BE YANUMBAWAH WITHABULLIN
ALLUDIGA CORNFLAKES COCKITENBOOLIT
DANCE DANCE, WEFALLEENAPAH DOO HURRDAH
DANCE DANCE, ANEEZADA LIES YOU LUVDALEEB
This has made me realize 90% of old Fall Ouut Boy songs wouldn’t need to be changed into Simlish for a Sims game.
And Now For Something Completely Different-Military Fairy
Oooh get her! Whoops! I’ve got your number ducky.
You couldn’t afford me, dear. Two three.
I’d scratch your eyes out.
Don’t come the brigadier bit with us, dear,
We all know where you’ve been, you military fairy!
Whoops, don’t look now girls, the major’s just minced in
With that dolly colour sergeant, Two, three, ooh-ho!